GSSW is committed to working with employers in the community to provide the best opportunities to GSSW students, and to ensure our students are equipped with the skills and knowledge to be successful in their social work practice.
How Employers can partner with GSSW
There are a number of ways employers can partner with GSSW:
- Submit open positions for our Career Connections e-newsletter, which is distributed every 10-14 days. Please submit the following information to Lisa Ingarfield. Your position will be posted in the next issue of the e-newsletter:
a. job title
b. a short paragraph summarizing the position
c. a link the the detailed job description on your website
d. application closing date
e. contact information for questions/application submission
- Provide mock interviews for current students and recent graduates.
- Provide informational interview opportunities for GSSW students.
- Attend DU and/or GSSW career/job fairs.
- Participate in employer information panels for current students.
- Provide workshops on your areas of social work expertise.
If you are interested in partnering with GSSW Career Development, please contact Lisa Ingarfield, Director of Student and Career Development at 303-871-3841.
The University of Denver has a career database (Pioneer Careers) where we encourage you to post your open positions. Students and alumni have access to the database and are able to upload their resumes for potential employers to review. To access Pioneer Careers, follow the below instructions:
- Go to Pioneer Careers
- If you are already registered as an employer, you can immediately post the position.
- If you are not registered, please do so. You should receive your password within 24 hours (usually much less).
- You will receive an email from the Career Center when the position has been approved, usually within 24 hours.
If you have any questions about Pioneer Careers or experience trouble posting your positions, please contact Jane Mall, our Director of Employer Relations, and Tina Stack-Oldweiler, our Employer Relations Manager, who manages the job and internship database for all DU students.