Don't miss out! Subscribe to GSSW's Weekly Events Email for regular updates.
- January 30, 2015: The University of Denver's Second Annual Graduate Research and Performance Summit on cross-disciplinary research; 10 GSSW students and staff member Nick Ota-Wang are among the presenters. Learn more.
- February 9, 2015: "Coping with Change in Higher Education: The Growing Strategic Role of Community-Engaged Scholarship," a lecture by Professor Barbara Holland, PhD, senior scholar with the Center for Service Learning at Indiana University – Purdue University Indianapolis; opening remarks by Chancellor Chopp; 11:30 a.m.-1:00 p.m., Boettcher Foundation Community Room, Craig Hall, 2148 South High St., Denver. Co-sponsored by GSSW and the Center for Community Engagement and Service Learning. Register now.
- March 10, 2015: "Achieving Health Equity: Tools for a National Conversation on Racism," a lecture by Camara Phyllis Jones, MD, MPH, PhD, Senior Fellow, Satcher Health Leadership Institute, Morehouse School of Medicine;11:00 a.m.-12:30 p.m.; Boettcher Foundation Community Room, Craig Hall, 2148 South High St., Denver. Register now.
- April 9, 2015: "The Supreme Court and Your Health: Insurance, Abortion, Same Sex Marriage, and (For Now) Legal Marijuana," a lecture by John Petrila, JD, LLM, Chair and Professor, Department of Health Policy & Management, University of South Florida College of Public Health; 11:00 a.m.-12:30 p.m.; Boettcher Foundation Community Room, Craig Hall, 2148 South High St., Denver. Register now.
- April 22, 2015: "Gray Is Green: Elders and the Care of the Earth," an Earth Day lecture by Rick Moody, Distinguished Visiting Professor at Fielding Graduate University in Santa Barbara, CA, and recently retired Vice President and Director of Academic Affairs for AARP in Washington, DC; program also includes a presentation by t he Colorado Culture Change Coalition; continental breakfast served; 9:00-11:00 a.m.; Boettcher Foundation Community Room, Craig Hall, 2148 South High St., Denver. Sponsored by the PROGRESS gerontology program, this event is free and open to the public; seating is limited, and early registration is advised. Register now.
- July 7-11, 2015: International Consortium for Social Development (ICSD) 19th International Symposium; Singapore; GSSW is a partner organization. Learn more.
- October 23, 2015: "Major Global Transformations of the Next Half Century: Implications for Human and Social Development," a lecture by Barry Hughes, Director, Frederick S. Pardee Center for International Futures and John Evans Professor at DU's Josef Korbel School of International Studies; 11:00 a.m.-12:30 p.m.; Boettcher Foundation Community Room, Craig Hall, 2148 South High St., Denver. Watch for registration info.