Don't miss out! Subscribe to GSSW's Weekly Events Email for regular updates.
- April 28, 2015: Free informational webinar to find out more about bringing " Communities NOW; Connecting for Kids " to your area; GSSW's Butler Institute for Families is seeking additional sites across the country to host two-day training sessions that help participants develop strategies to strengthen and support families in their community to prevent abuse or neglect before occurs.The free webinar about this program will be presented from 11-12:30 (PST)/12-1:30 pm (MST)/1 – 2:30 (CST)/ 2 – 3:30 (EST). Register now.
- May 6, 2015: Dedication Ceremony for "Harvest on the Rio Grande," a monumental sculpture group by Doug Hyde, distinguished Southwestern sculptor of Nez Perce, Assiniboine and Chippewa descent; ceremony includes a Native blessing; Chancellor Rebecca Chopp and Dean James Herbert Williams will speak; 4:00 – 5:30 p.m.; Quadrangle east of Craig Hall, University of Denver, 2148 South High St., Denver. Register now.
- May 22, 2015: "Motivational Interviewing to Improve School-Based Practice and Research," a lecture by 2015 Master Scholar Andy Frey, PhD '00, MSW, Professor, Raymond A. Kent School of Social Work, University of Louisville; 11:00 a.m.-12:30 p.m.; Boettcher Foundation Community Room, Craig Hall, 2148 South High St., Denver. Register now.
- July 7-11, 2015: International Consortium for Social Development (ICSD) 19th International Symposium; Singapore; GSSW is a partner organization. Learn more.
- September 24, 2015: "Cultures of Care: Why Social Work Should Continue to Take Differences Seriously," a lecture by John L. Jackson, Jr., Dean and Richard Perry University Professor at the University of Pennsylvania School of Social Policy & Practice; 11:00 a.m.-12:30 p.m.; Boettcher Foundation Community Room, Craig Hall, 2148 South High St., Denver. Watch for registration info.
- October 23, 2015: "Major Global Transformations of the Next Half Century: Implications for Human and Social Development," a lecture by Barry Hughes, Director, Frederick S. Pardee Center for International Futures and John Evans Professor at DU's Josef Korbel School of International Studies; 11:00 a.m.-12:30 p.m.; Boettcher Foundation Community Room, Craig Hall, 2148 South High St., Denver. Watch for registration info.