Don't miss out! Subscribe to GSSW's Weekly Events Email for regular updates.
- April 8, 2015: Institute for Human-Animal Connection film-screening event; view a documentary on the work of the David Sheldrick Wildlife Trust, followed by a facilitated discussion and photo exhibit on the socio-ecological pressures that threaten elephant populations; 6:00-8:00 p.m.; Sturm Hall Davis Auditorium. Register now.
- April 9, 2015: "The Supreme Court and Your Health: Insurance, Abortion, Same Sex Marriage, and (For Now) Legal Marijuana," a lecture by John Petrila, JD, LLM, Chair and Professor, Department of Health Policy & Management, University of South Florida College of Public Health; 11:00 a.m.-12:30 p.m.; Boettcher Foundation Community Room, Craig Hall, 2148 South High St., Denver. Register now.
- April 22, 2015: "Gray Is Green: Elders and the Care of the Earth," an Earth Day lecture by Harry R. Moody, Distinguished Visiting Professor at Fielding Graduate University in Santa Barbara, CA, and recently retired Vice President and Director of Academic Affairs for AARP in Washington, DC; program also includes a presentation by t he Colorado Culture Change Coalition; continental breakfast served; 9:00-11:00 a.m.; Boettcher Foundation Community Room, Craig Hall, 2148 South High St., Denver. Sponsored by the PROGRESS gerontology program, this event is free and open to the public; seating is limited, and early registration is advised. Register now.
- April 28, 2015: Free informational webinar to find out more about bringing " Communities NOW; Connecting for Kids " to your area; GSSW's Butler Institute for Families is seeking additional sites across the country to host two-day training sessions that help participants develop strategies to strengthen and support families in their community to prevent abuse or neglect before occurs.The free webinar about this program will be presented from 11-12:30 (PST)/12-1:30 pm (MST)/1 – 2:30 (CST)/ 2 – 3:30 (EST). Register now.
- May 22, 2015: "Motivational Interviewing to Improve School-based Practice and Research," a lecture by 2015 Master Scholar Andy Frey, PhD '00, MSW, Professor, Raymond A. Kent School of Social Work, University of Louisville; 11:00 a.m.-12:30 p.m.; Boettcher Foundation Community Room, Craig Hall, 2148 South High St., Denver. Register now.
- July 7-11, 2015: International Consortium for Social Development (ICSD) 19th International Symposium; Singapore; GSSW is a partner organization. Learn more.
- September 24, 2015: "Cultures of Care: Why Social Work Should Continue to Take Differences Seriously," a lecture by John L. Jackson, Jr., Dean and Richard Perry University Professor at the University of Pennsylvania School of Social Policy & Practice; 11:00 a.m.-12:30 p.m.; Boettcher Foundation Community Room, Craig Hall, 2148 South High St., Denver. Watch for registration info.
- October 23, 2015: "Major Global Transformations of the Next Half Century: Implications for Human and Social Development," a lecture by Barry Hughes, Director, Frederick S. Pardee Center for International Futures and John Evans Professor at DU's Josef Korbel School of International Studies; 11:00 a.m.-12:30 p.m.; Boettcher Foundation Community Room, Craig Hall, 2148 South High St., Denver. Watch for registration info.