Don't miss out! Subscribe to GSSW's Weekly Events Email for regular updates.
- February 3, 10, 17 & 24, 2016: "Mindfulness Series," a four-part series conducted by Julie Pata, MSW '91. This course is delivered in four two-hour sessions where you will learn what mindfulness is through a variety of practices, deepen your commitment to self-care and well-being, and learn simple ways to include mindfulness in work with clients; 5:00-7:00 p.m.; Room #484, Craig Hall, 2148 South High St. Denver. Register now.
- March 2, 2016: Colorado Social Work Month Celebration and Award Ceremony; 6:00-8:00 p.m.; Courtyard Marriott Cherry Creek, Skyline Ballroom, 1475 S. Colorado Blvd., Denver. $25 (NASW-CO member); $15 (NASW-CO student member). Information and registration.
- March 11, 2016: "Anti-Oppressive Practice," a workshop conducted by Heather Arnold-Renicker, MSW. This day-long workshop will focus on storytelling as a relationship-building tool, personal reflection exercises, anti-oppressive practice skills and tools, as well as activities focused on visioning and planning for your future; 9:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m.; Boettcher Foundation Community Room, Craig Hall, 2148 South High St., Denver; Registration fee includes lunch. Register now.
- April 29, 2016: "Effective Interventions in Children with ASDs," a workshop presented by Lauren Kerstein, LCSW. This presentation will focus on the underlying characteristics associated with ASDs, as well as specific, effective interventions for working with children, adolescents and families; noon-4:00 p.m., Boettcher Foundation Community Room, Craig Hall, 2148 South High St., Denver. Register now.
- May 6, 2016: "Trauma & EMDR," a two-part series presented by Elizabeth Legg, PhD, LPC, NCC; PART ONE: "Trauma: Effects, Treatment, Resilience & Self-Care," 8:00 a.m.-noon; PART TWO: "EMDR Therapy: Using the Brain's Natural Healing System to Overcome the Impact of Trauma," 1:00-5:00 p.m.; Boettcher Foundation Community Room, Craig Hall, 2148 South High St., Denver. NOTE: Participants may attend one or both sessions, discounted rate for both sessions. Register now.
- May 12-13, 2016: "Animals on the Mind: Social Neurobiology of the Human-Animal Bond," the University of Denver's 2nd Biennial Practitioners Conference; sponsored by the Institute for Human-Animal Connection. All day both days; Davis Auditorium, Sturm Hall, 2000 East Asbury Ave., Denver. Register now.