- Our state-of-the-art educational facility, Craig Hall, includes technology-enhanced classrooms and clinical practice suites.
- Denver is a culturally diverse state capital with more than 600 clinical and community field internship options.
- Our beautiful, friendly campus is centrally located in a residential neighborhood.
- The campus offers easy access to restaurants, shopping, cultural events and nearby Colorado mountain recreation.
- Denver's mild climate offers 300 sunny days each year.
- Our MSW program, accredited since 1933, is nationally ranked in the top 11% of all graduate social work programs.
- Our MSW curriculum promotes ethical social work practice and a strong commitment to social justice.
- We offer a welcoming community atmosphere with highly accessible faculty:
- student/faculty ratio—14/1
- average MSW class size—18
- Our teaching- and research-focused PhD program is one of the oldest in the nation.
- Our more than 400 students represent all 50 states and many foreign countries.
- Our faculty members enjoy an ideal professional balance between teaching and research.
- Our innovative MSW curriculum allows student to enter a social work specialization after only two quarters of study—earlier than in more traditional MSW programs
- Our MSW students choose from eight specialized concentrations and three career-enhancing certificate programs, including options they won't find in any other program.
- Our MSW students can simultaneously pursue dual and cooperative graduate degrees with other schools and departments.
- We offer international MSW classes and internships.
- There is ongoing faculty and student research in youth development and delinquency prevention, mental health, community organizing and many other areas.
GSSW houses teaching and research institutes addressing child welfare and the human-animal connection.