- Latino Community Foundation of Colorado Selects Ortega
- Professor Provides Training and Consultation for Clinicians
- Jenson Selected for 2015 SSWR "Meet the Scientist" Luncheon
- Apply Now for "Animals and Human Health" Certificate and Orientation Course!
- Professor Petrila Emails Observations from Bosnia
- September 13, 2014: GSSW's Bridge Project hosts "Wine, Stein & Dine"on the University of Denver's Driscoll campus green. This 23rd annual Bridge Project signature event features dinner, plus silent and live auctions. For information, contact Heidi Nelson (303-871-2735).
- September 29, 2014: "Challenging Racial Disparities in School Discipline Outcomes: Best Practices for Educators, Parents, and the Community," a lecture by Pedro Noguera, PhD, Peter L. Agnew Professor of Education at New York University and Executive Director of the Metropolitan Center for Research on Equity and the Transformation of Schools; reception 4:00-5:00 p.m.; lecture 5:00-6:00 p.m.; Boettcher Foundation Community Room of Craig Hall, 2148 South High St., Denver, CO 80208. This event is co-sponsored by Denver Public Schools Division of Student Services, DU Latino Center for Community Engagement and Scholarship, Interdisciplinary Research Incubator for the Study of (In)Equality (IRISE) at DU, Morgridge College of Education, Graduate School of Professional Psychology, University College, Padres y Jovenes Unidos, and the Denver Classroom Teachers’ Association. Register now.
- October 30, 2014: “Improving the Life Chances of Low-Income Mothers and Children with Prenatal and Infant Home Visiting by Nurses," a lecture by David L. Olds, PhD, Professor of Pediatrics, Psychiatry, Preventive Medicine and Nursing and Director of the Prevention Research Center for Family and Child Health at the University of Colorado - Denver; 11:00 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.; Boettcher Foundation Community Room of Craig Hall, 2148 South High St., Denver, CO 80208. Register now.
- November 1, 2014: "The Freud/Ferenczi Letters: A Staged Reading of Selected Letters," 3:00-6:00 p.m.; hosted by GSSW in the Boettcher Foundation Community Room of Craig Hall, 2148 South High St., Denver, CO 80208; reception follows the reading; co-sponsored by the Graduate School of Professional Psychology and the Denver Psychoanalytic Society. Register by Sept. 18 for early bird discount!
- July 7-11, 2015: International Consortium for Social Development (ICSD) 19th International Symposium; Singapore; GSSW is a partner organization. Learn more.