The University of Denver helps you prepare for a career in today's complex world by offering you the opportunity to pursue multiple educational and professional interests simultaneously. Our interdisciplinary dual and cooperative graduate degree programs allow you to earn your Master of Social Work (MSW) degree at the same time you earn a graduate degree in another field.
Because some courses taken for one degree also earn credit toward the other degree, these programs let you graduate with fewer total credit hours, and at a lower cost, than if you pursued the degrees separately.
Dual and cooperative degree options
At the same time as you earn your MSW, you can also earn:
- a Master of Legal Studies (MLS) or a Juris Doctor (JD) degree from the Sturm College of Law
- a Master of Arts in International Studies degree from the Josef Korbel School of International Studies
- a Professional Master of Business Administration (PMBA) from Daniels College of Business
- a Master of Divinity (MDiv), Master of Arts in Social Justice and Ethics (MASJE), Master of Arts in Pastoral and Spiritual Care (MAPSC) or Master of Theological Studies (MTS) degree through a cooperative program with the Iliff School of Theology, a United Methodist seminary bordering the campus
- another graduate degree of your choice, through our flexible dual degree program (for example, an Executive MBA (EMBA) from Daniels College of Business or a graduate degree from the Communication Studies Department or the Institute for Public Policy Studies)
Applying to a dual or cooperative degree program
If you wish to pursue the dual or cooperative degree option, you must:
- apply separately to both programs
- meet the admission requirements of both programs
- pay a nonrefundable application fee to both programs
You may submit your applications prior to beginning either program, or after you have begun work in either program, but not after you have completed your degree requirements in either program.
Please refer to the specific dual degree requirements for each program, as these vary.