Launched in the fall of 2013, the Western Colorado MSW Program is helping to meet the place-based needs of rural and mountain communities across Western Colorado. The program is based in Glenwood Springs with offices at 1102 Grand Avenue and 1402 Blake Avenue.
The Western Colorado MSW offers an Advanced Social Work Practice concentration curriculum whose focus areas include rural social work practice, integrated health, ecological health and sustainability, community mental health and child welfare practice.
- provide professional education to support local workforce development
- address community concerns and the special needs of rural and mountain communities
- strengthen the professional social work infrastructure of Colorado's Western Slope and mountain regions
- summer intensive courses taught on-site in the Western Colorado region by GSSW faculty and local social work professionals
- classes simulcast and broadcast from Denver using Interactive Video
- online and hybrid courses using Web-based technology
- field education internships throughout the Western Colorado area
- online access to the University of Denver library for both students and faculty
The Western Colorado MSW program offers a weekend schedule of Friday afternoon and Saturday classes. This allows you to be in your community during the week and also work at your field internship sites.
For detailed curriculum requirements, please see the Western Colorado MSW Program Bulletin (PDF).
Applying to the program
Please visit us at the upcoming graduate fairs:
- October 5: Colorado Mesa University in Grand Junction; 11 a.m. - 1:30 p.m.
- October 6: Western State Colorado University in Gunnison; 11 a.m. - 2 p.m.
- October 18: Colorado Mountain College in Breckenridge; 5 p.m. - 7:30 p.m.
- October 19: Colorado Mountain College in Steamboat Springs; 11 a.m. - 1 p.m.
- October 19: Colorado Mountain College at Glenwood Center; 5:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m.
For admission questions, please contact the GSSW Admission Office (303-871-2841)
For general information about the Western Colorado MSW Program, please contact Rachel Forbes, Program Director and Assistant Professor of the Practice of Social Work.
View photos of the Western Colorado grand opening celebration in fall 2013.
Follow us on Facebook.