Check this page for information about upcoming Staff Advisory Council meetings and events.
Important Dates for 2013-2014
2013-2014 Employee Town Halls
Join senior administration and your fellow co-workers for a question and answer session. Town Hall information and RSVP.
- Monday, November 18, 2013, 12 - 1:30 p.m, Driscoll Ballroom
- Tuesday, November 19, 2013, 5 - 6:30 p.m., Anderson Academic Commons Event Space
2013-2014 Meeting dates:
- September 11, 2013: Presentation: Staff & Faculty Campaign Kick-off
- October 9, 2013: Presentation: Athletics and Recreation
- November 13, 2013: Presentation: Todd Rinehart, Admissions
- December 11, 2013: Pioneer ID Card; meeting with VC Craig Woody *
- January 8, 2014: Presentation: University Ombuds, EEO, HR
- February 12, 2014: Meeting with the Chancellor Robert Coombe
- March 12, 2014: Presentation: UTS
- April 9, 2014: TBD
- May 14, 2014: Meeting with the Provost Greg Kvistad *
- June 11, 2014: TBD
- July 9, 2014: 2-hour meeting. Inclusive Excellence Workshop
- August 13, 2014: TBD, wrap-up and plan for 2014-2015 *
All meetings are from noon – 1 p.m. In the DuPont Room in the Mary Reed Building, unless stated otherwise.
* Meetings will take place at The Chambers Center, Garden Room.
- September 2013: Executive Committee retreat
- October 3, 2013: Convocation and staff awards
- November 2013: Happy Hour with faculty senate
- January 2014: Coat drive
- April 19, 2014: Egg Hunt
- April 24, 2014: Bring-your-child-to-work-day
- May 2014: Table at benefits fair
- August 2014: Staff appreciation picnic
2012 Staff Holiday Happy Hour a huge success
More than 100 staff and faculty members attended the first Staff Holiday Happy Hour on Dec. 8, 2012. The mixer was planned by the Staff Advisory Council Outreach Committee, and sponsored by Liberty Mutual and Beans after Dark. Thanks to everyone who attended!
2012 Employee Appreciation Picnic
The SAC helped organize the 2012 Employee Appreciation Picnic, held in front of the Mary Reed Building.
Nearly 1,000 members of the University's staff and faculty enjoyed an African-style feast.
Winners of the Staff Advisory Council's raffle prizes were announced shortly after the picnic 2012.
2012 Benefits Fair
SAC members had a great time staffing a table at the Benefits Fair on May 3, 2012.
The 2012 event was held on Thursday, April 26, 2012, in the Ritchie Center's Gottesfeld Room. Thanks to all who participated and to our great sponsors.
The 20th Annual Egg Hunt took place on Saturday, April 7, 2012, in the Humanities Garden.
An estimated 500 DU staff, faculty and their families attended. Participants collected nearly 3,000 candy-filled eggs, while adults participated in a spirited dash for prizes donated by departments and area businesses.
It was a great way to bring together this part of the DU community for a fun celebration of spring.
Our annual coat drive was held Jan. 25-Feb. 15, 2013. We asked the DU community to donate coats, hats, gloves, scarves and other cold-weather items, and you responded!
Twenty-seven bags of coats were donated to the Denver Rescue Mission to help its clients stay warm in the winter.
Thank you to all who donated!