The Staff Benevolent Fund
The Staff Advisory Council established the Staff Benevolent Fund (SBF) in 1997 to directly help staff members in need and create a culture of goodwill within the staff community and University. Staff volunteers working concession stands at DU hockey games were among the first to raise money for the Fund.
Review the Staff Advisory Council Benevolent Fund Policies and Guidelines (PDF). Apply online using the form below.
Note: A successful submission will return you to this page. The form will be replaced with a "success message".
The Staff Benevolent Fund at the University of Denver, governed by the Executive Committee of the Staff Advisory Council at the University of Denver, provides appropriate relief to eligible staff members of the University who are facing financial hardship.
Employee requests and decisions regarding disbursement of funds adhere to the following criteria:
- Requestor must be a full-time or part-time appointed employee of the University of Denver.
- Requestor's need for financial assistance must be directly attributed to, or caused by "undue hardship" which is hereby defined as circumstances peculiar to the employee's situation, not deliberately caused by the employee, which are of such magnitude or severity that it is unlikely that the employee has sufficient resources to reasonably expect a favorable outcome.
- Undue hardship may include, but is not limited to, unforeseen expenses caused by medical emergencies, family emergencies, and acts of nature.
- Common life occurrences that would not in and of themselves be undue hardship include routine car and home repairs/maintenance, car accidents, legal fees and living beyond one's means.
- Payment out of this fund is considered a one-time grant.
- All decisions are final and non-disputable.
The underlying principle of this fund is to encourage and support giving back to the DU community and helping each other, guided by the principle of "paying it forward". Thus, it is suggested that recipients of this fund consider giving back to the fund within their means and if their situation allows.
It is the policy of the administers of this fund to provide equal consideration without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual preference, age, or disability.
The Staff Benevolent Fund Application
By submitting this application, You are affirming that the facts set forth below are true. Understand that if this case is accepted to receive funding, any false statements, omissions or other misrepresentations made on this application may result in a request to refund the money awarded.