Skip Navigation


Extended Time Testing

Students who are approved for extended time on tests and quizzes must sign up to take the exam/quiz in the DSP Testing Room at least 7 days in advance.

Assistive Technology

The University of Denver does not provide assistive technologies (hardware or software) for personal student use, however DSP can assist students in determining which technologies would be beneficial and helping find resources for obtaining and learning how to use various technologies.

Alternate Format Text

Formerly known as "Books on Tape," this accommodation is available to students who have learning or literacy difficulties, or who are unable to access written materials.  The primary alternate format is electronic (e.g. PDF, Word); students use text-to-speech software to have the materials read aloud.

Course Substitutions

 For a list of foreign language course substitutions, email DSP.



 *For a complete list of accommodations, please see the Handbook for Students with Disabilities


  • You may request new or additional accommodations at any time.  DSP staff will review existing or new documentation as soon as possible to render a decision and help you make appropriate arrangements.
  • New DSP students wishing to request accommodations for the first time should visit our new students page. Current DSP students wishing to modify an existing accommodation, or request additional accommodations, may contact DSP.
  • Accommodations cannot be retroactive; they can only be applied to current or future coursework or University programming.

If you need assistance in completing forms, contact DSP

Differences in testing accommodations for graduate and law students

Accommodations for undergraduate, graduate and law students are typically similar, with one notable exception – testing.  Law students who are eligible for testing accommodations should contact the law school Student Affairs office and/or the law school registrar to arrange for testing accommodations.  Other graduate students may either arrange testing accommodations through their academic department or through the DSP using the on line request form.