LEP Tutoring Center
Instructions: Once logged in to Webcentral, please click on the Student tab and then click on 'LEP Tutoring.' Make sure you have signed the tutoring contact with your LEP Academic Counselor prior to attempting to request a tutor.
If you would like to evaluate a tutor, please fill out the Tutor Evaluation Form
This form is intended to provide the tutoring coordinator with information about whether or not LEP tutors are meeting your needs. The information provided here will only be shared with tutors if necessary (e.g., to address a behavior issue, etc.); in which case, your name & any other personal information will absolutely not be disclosed. Again, this is primarily for the knowledge of the tutoring coordinator & not tutors. However, the tutoring coordinator would be happy to pass on any information you would like to be shared with the tutor.
About the Tutoring Center
The LEP Tutoring Center is a direct service provided to LEP students who are in need of extra assistance out of the class. The focus is to provide students with opportunities to understand and gain mastery of their course contents. The program employs over 50 trained tutors, primarily DU graduate students.
Who Uses the Tutoring Center?
Any current LEP student interested in receiving tutoring and who has signed the LEP Tutoring Center Student Agreement Form.
Benefits of Using the Tutoring Center
- Explore and develop a range of oral, written, graphic, and non-verbal pathways for learning
- Increase subject specific and general knowledge
- Increase college level writing development skills
- Develop effective organizational and study strategies
How to Get Involved
Tutoring opportunities at the Learning Effectiveness Program (LEP) are variable as tutors are hired based on the needs of our student population. If we do not have any open positions at the time of your inquiry, we will add you to our prospective tutor list to contact you in the future if anything does open up (which can happen quite suddenly).
We prefer tutors have obtained or are at least pursuing a degree beyond their undergraduate. We do not hire undergraduates except in cases of dire need or other exceptional circumstances. The LEP is designed to provide academic support to DU students with learning disabilities, ADHD, or notable learning differences. In light of this, our tutors have to bring more to the table than simply being well versed in their subject areas – generally undergraduates are not prepared to meet these standards despite excelling in the subject they would like to tutor.
Please contact the appropriate Lead Tutor below:
- Contact Liz Yount to inquire about open tutoring positions in Social Sciences / Arts & Humanities
- Contact Karen Karvonen to inquire about open tutoring positions in English / Writing
- Contact Josh Black to inquire about open tutoring positions in Science
- Contact Karen Spinelli to inquire about open tutoring positions in Foreign Languages
- Contact Khubaib Latif to inquire about open tutoring positions in Business
- Contact Liz Yount to inquire about open tutoring positions in Math, Engineering, & Computer Science
Tutoring in an Alternative Campus Location Form:
Resources for Tutors and Academic Counselors
Tutors Instructions: Once logged in to WebCentral, please click on the Employee tab and then click on 'LEP Tutor Administrator Login' and then you can login to your account as usual.
Counselors Instructions: Once logged in to WebCentral, please click on the Employee tab and then click on 'LEP Counselor Login' and then you can login to your account as usual.
Tutoring Coordinator: Liz Yount