Welcome, DU Faculty & Staff
The Learning Effectiveness Program (LEP) provides individualized support for dynamic learners with learning disabilities, ADD/ADHD, or a history of learning differences. The mission of the LEP is two-fold: to support and serve students and to serve as a resource to the University community.
Do you have a student who….
- Seems engaged in class and is working hard, but is doing poorly on tests
- Indicates that he/she has a history of learning challenges
- Excels at hands on activities, but struggles with the textbooks and lectures
- Appears distracted in lectures
- Is continually requesting assistance
- Receives accommodations from DSP (such as extended time on tests) yet still struggles
DU’s Nationally RecognizedLEP empowers students to become confident learners through….
- One-on-one weekly appointments with LEP Academic Counselors
- Tutoring in diverse academic disciplines
- Assistance with writing development
- Organizational strategies
- Developing self-advocacy skills
- Connecting to campus resources
LEP looks forward to collaborating with DU faculty and staff by providing…
- Information on LEP services
- A broader understanding of learning differences
- Strategies and techniques for working with all students
- Training and assistance with the implementation of Universal Design for Learning in your curriculum, classroom, or department
For more information, or refer students directly to…
Learning Effectiveness Program