Students in the LEP have unlimited access to subject specific tutoring. Tutoring is available by scheduled appointment through our online system. Students and tutors work together in the LEP facility.
LEP tutors are trained to meet the needs of diverse learners. The majority of tutors are professionals or graduate students in their areas of expertise. The LEP currently employs approximately 50 subject specific tutors.
- Oral, written, graphic, and non-verbal pathways for learning
- Increased subject specific and general knowledge
- Increased college level writing development skills
- Effective organizational and study strategies
- An opportunity to review and learn information through alternative modalities such as: visual, kinesthetic, auditory