Winter 2016 Discoveries Orientation
Winter 2016 New Student Orientation Session
Monday, January 4th (First Day of Classes) 8:00 a.m.
Upon arrival at the Driscoll Student Center North, proceed to the second floor (near Jazzman’s Café) to check- in at the registration table
Breakfast refreshments will be provided.
Driscoll Student Center North, Second Floor
Campus Map: http://www.du.edu/utilities/maps/index.html.
Check-in/Breakfast: 8:00-8:15 a.m.
Program Begins: 8:15 a.m.
Below is important information about the day:
- Please bring your laptop and charger. All activities will be done on your own computer.
- If you have any transfer courses that have not yet been officially accepted by DU, please bring any course descriptions and transcripts you have for those courses.
- New Student Orientation will take place from 8- 10:00 a.m. in the Driscoll Student Center, North - Room 1880
- Breakfast refreshments will be provided. Gluten free and vegan options will be available.
- An interactive campus map can be found at this link. You can search for any building name in the search option on the top left. http://www.du.edu/utilities/maps/index.html
Family members are welcomed to attend, however there is no formal programming for family members or guests during the Winter 2016 New Student Orientation sessions.
Welcome to the University of Denver! The Discoveries Orientation program is here to make sure you have the best possible start to your DU experience.
Discoveries Orientation is a program attended by all incoming first-year and transfer students prior to the first day of classes.
During your Discoveries Orientation experience, we match incoming students with experienced DU students. These Orientation Leaders guide you and your orientation group through a series of events and programs that will teach you everything you need to know to have a successful first year at the University of Denver
During Discoveries Orientation you will:
- Meet your Academic Advisor
- Register for your Fall Quarter classes
- Learn about degree requirements
- Learn about campus resources and services
- Connect with other students
Programs during Orientation will take place in various locations across campus. If you need accommodations due to a disability, please contact The Disability Services Program (DSP) at 303-871-2278 to discuss arrangements.