Transfer Student Orientation
All students new to the University of Denver must attend an orientation session.
We know as a transfer student your needs are different than a first-year student. You've had experience on a college campus and need to learn the ins and outs of DU specifically, rather than broad strokes about university life in general.
Discoveries for transfer students is tailored to meet those needs, and also designed to get you connected to a network of other transfer students who will share a similar experience here at DU.
During orientation, you will spend ample time with an academic advisor, register for classes, get connected with staff on campus, and participate in social activities.
Programs during Orientation will take place in various locations across campus. If you need accommodations due to a disability, please contact University Disability Services (DSP) at 303.871.2372 to discuss arrangements.
New Student To-Do List
- Arrange Housing - If you are living on campus, new student check-in begins at 8:00 a.m. Sunday, September 1st, 2013. Students may see their room assignments beginning July 17th on myWeb. http://www.du.edu/housing
- Send Final Transcripts - Request to have your final high school and college transcripts to the Office of Undergraduate Admission by August 1st. If you have questions about how courses transfer into DU, it will be helpful if you can bring copies of official course descriptions to orientation. These must be printed or copied from the institution's course catalog, either hard copy or online. www.du.edu/registrar/transfercredit
- Submit Immunizations Records - You are required to provide proof of immunization. Download, complete, and return the form found on the Health and Counseling site.www.du.edu/duhealth/medical-services/immunizations
- Submit your picture for your ID Card - When you arrive on campus for orientation, your ID will be ready for you. www.du.edu/pioneercard/photos.html
- Accept or Waive Health Insurance - DU requires that all students have coverage. Please determine if you need coverage from the University or are able to waive this service due to coverage through your own policy. www.du.edu/duhealth/general/insurance
- Take the Math Proficiency Survey - Visit the survey webpage to determine whether you should take the proficiency survey, which indicates the level of math you should take in fall. www.du.edu/mathproficiency
- Take the Language Placement Exam- All Transfer students taking Spanish, French, German, or Italian are required to take this exam online by July 31st. Students planning to take Chinese, Latin, or Russian may download a paper exam and send it in. Students planning to take a language other than those listed here will take a placement exam during Discoveries Orientation week. www.du.edu/ahss/cwlc/testing/incomingstudents
- Take the Know the Code Quiz- Honor Yourself, Honor the Code. Curious about “the rules” at DU? Make sure you Know the Code and go to www.du.edu/studentconduct and click on the “Know the Code” icon– this contains important information you’ll want to know as a DU student. Scroll through the slide show and then show that you Know the Code by taking a brief online quiz. If you get at least 18 out of 20 answers correct you will be entered into a drawing for $150 at the DU Bookstore.
- Configure Your Laptop - Computers must be configured to the DU system to comply with security requirements and gain access to the wireless network. Click here for instructions. www.du.edu/uts/helpdesk/newstudent
- Get a Parking Permit - If you are bringing a car to campus for the quarter, you will need a permit from Parking Services. https://www.parking.du.edu/student
- Meal Plans - Whether you are living on campus or not, a meal plan may be a great option for the busy life of a student. http://www.du.edu/housing/resources/fees.html
Pioneer Transfer Alliance
Get connected to other transfer students through the Pioneer Transfer Alliance, DU's transfer student organization. Socialize, get insight and opinions, and talk to other about the ins and outs of transferring to the University of Denver. Visit their Facebook page at http://www.facebook.com/groups/DU.PTA.
Lorem to the ipsum.