The purpose of the Parents Association Council is to engage families with the University community, encourage parent awareness of campus life and involvement during events, help other parents navigate the University community, generate ideas for parent and family programming, and participate as volunteers during events or programs. During meetings we often hear presentations from University administrators and staff to learn more about campus life, long range planning projects, and student activities.
Council Member Responsibilities
- Must be a member of the Parents Association
- Serve on a Standing Committee of the Council
- Attend and/or host parent events in your area
- Serve as ambassadors for the University of Denver
- Outreach – welcome parents of accepted students, assist with campus events, and are available to answer questions from incoming families
- Events – assist in the planning of parent events including Summer Sendoffs, Parent/Family Weekends and Moms & Dads Weekends
- Membership – encourage Parents Association membership and good parent relations by helping the Parents Program communicate with current and past parents and by serving as an ambassador for the University
If you are interested in joining the Council, please attach a letter of interest in an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.