The Office of Religious & Spiritual Life offers numerous programs and events over the course of the year. Many of these have a "community service" component, and are better described on the Volunteer page. The upcoming events are listed below:
Please join in one of our semi-regular drop-in "programs" -- OASIS: A FAIR TRADE, COFFEE, CHOCOLATE AND CONVERSATION FOR FREE. We host a "refreshment in the desert" table on the Driscoll Bridge for a few hours, pour Fair Trade coffee, provide a bite of Fair Trade chocolate (both dark and milk), and we're happy to talk about ANYTHING you like! Stop by! Dates and times are found in the calendar below.
Examples of some special programs/events we have sponsored over the last several years include:
- Constitution Day programs (in September) — usually partnering with folks from the Korbel School of International Studies, and/or the Sturm College of Law
- Human Rights and National Security
- The Constitution, the Budget and Morality
- War & Peace and the Constitution
- Religious Freedom in the EU and US
- Religion and Violence - a year-long program in conjunction with folks the Korbel School of International Studies
- Film Screening: "Women with Altitude"
- Conversations with authors Tom DeWolf and Sharon Morgan about their book Gather at the Table
Other programs/events are offered as opportunity and need arise, including observances of the anniversary of 9/11 or responses to international tragedies (such as the Japanese earthquake/tsunami or the earthquake in Haiti).