Student Life Conduct Liaisons
A Student Life Conduct Liaison is a University of Denver professional staff member or current student who serves as a Liaison for a student who is a complainant or respondent to a violation of the Honor Code and will be appearing before a Conduct Review Board. The Student Life Conduct Liaison will maintain an objective position in advising the student. The Liaison is not an advocate who sides with either principal party involved in the disciplinary procedure, but rather a Liaison helps guide the student in the procedures of the processes.
What does a Student Life Conduct Liaison do?
- Helps you review and comprehend the conduct process and the Conduct Review Board hearing
- Advises you of your options in the conduct process and the Conduct Review Board hearing
- Reviews reports and evidence with the you
- Informs you of expectations for preparation and procedures during Conduct Review Board hearing
- Discusses your rights and responsibilities under the Honor Code
- Helps you understand the decisions and sanctions rendered by the Conduct Review Board
- Advises the respondent or complainant on the Appeal process following a Conduct Review Board hearing
Who may utilize the service of a Conduct Liaison?
If you have been documented for allegedly violating policy or if you are bringing charges against another DU student, you have the right to obtain a Liaison for all hearings brought to a Conduct Review Board. You are not required to seek the help of a Liaison; however, going through a Conduct Review Board hearing may be overwhelming and intimidating. Therefore, the Student Life Division recommends that, if you are facing a Conduct Review Board, you should consider working with a Liaison. Student Life provides a ready resource of trained Conduct Liaisons willing to assist you.
How do I connect with a Conduct Liaison?
Once it is determined that you will be a respondent or complainant at a Conduct Review Board hearing, you will be provided with the link to the contact information of all Conduct Liaisons. You may select a Conduct Liaison whom you will work with to prepare for the Conduct Review Board hearing. It will be your responsibility to get in touch with the Conduct Liaison once you have received a Notice of CRB Hearing.
you can reach out to any of the liaisons listed below
Associate Athletic Director, Student Athlete Support & Community Relations
Ritchie Center, Room #3610
Director, Driscoll Student Center
Driscoll North, Room #225
Senior Teacher, English Language Center
English Language Center, 1958 S Josephine St. Room #132
Director, Educational Programs & LGBTIQA Services
Center for Multicultural Excellence, Room #5
Senior International Student Advisor/ Sponsored Programs Manager
International House, 2200 S. Josephine St. Room #212