Seek our help when you or someone you know is …
- Feeling distressed and unsure where to get help
- Feeling like life outside of classes is getting too difficult
- Returning to DU after a Leave of Absence or a difficult life circumstance and need assistance transitioning back into college life
- Experiencing a significant health or emotional issue and need guidance on where to get help
- Looking for help navigating DU to access the resources you might need
In response, Student Outreach & Support will...
- Help you make informed decisions by educating you about the University’s policies and procedures
- Listen effectively, and provide timely, accurate information
- Offer alternative resolutions in consultation with other University offices, where appropriate
- Treat you as an individual
- Make our staff accessible to all undergraduate students
How we offer help...
- Follow up with you as a team. If you have urgent health, personal or emergency needs, we’ll contact you immediately. Our team also will help with notifying appropriate faculty members, if needed.
- Work with DU faculty, staff and partners to ensure you get the help you need if you’re having trouble transitioning to life at DU.
- Contact any commuter and transfer students who don’t have strong links to DU’s campus community and help you form relationships.