- The University opens the Center for Sustainability and hires the first full-time Sustainability Coordinator.
- The University achieves the AASHE STARS Gold Ranking.
- Students introduce the B-Cycle program.
- Student Housing department hires their first Sustainability staff member.
- A Carbon Neutrality Plan is announced.
- The University Sustainability Council is created to advise University administration on making DU a more sustainable institution.
- The University hires its first Energy Engineer to help lower energy usage and educate students about energy issues.
- Chancellor Robert Coombe signs the American College and University President's Climate Commitment (ACUPCC).
- The Undergraduate Student Government introduces a "Green Fee" to fund the purchase of wind energy credits.
- The Sturm College of Law becomes LEED Gold certified.
- The University moves to its current location.
- The University of Denver is founded.