Home > Production > Auditions
MONDAY, MARCH 11, 2013
Below is what you need to know about the audition process.
Please read carefully and feel free to email Jennifer Forsyth any questions that you have!
What are you auditioning for?
• Senior Capstone Projects
• Dead Marshes, a staged reading: Directed By Jenny Roberts. Performs April 1
• All cycle auditions are Monday, March 11 from 6:30 – 10:00 in the Black Box Theatre, JMAC 104
• Dead Marshes will be cast from those who audition for the capstones
• Sign up for an audition slot. The sign-up sheet will be posted on the Department of Theatre callboard in JMAC.
Senior Capstone Projects
• Auditions are in 5 minute slots
• Theatre Majors and Minors: Prepare 2 audition pieces: either 2 monologues (each up to 90 seconds in length, 3 minutes total) OR 1 monologue and 32 bars of a song from a musical.
• If you sing, you need to provide your own recorded accompaniment or sing a capella.
• Non-theatre majors and minors: Prepare 1 monologue up to 90 seconds in length.
• Arrive 15 minutes prior to your audition to fill out paperwork
• Bring a headshot/resume if you have one
• Cycle I, March 12 callbacks will be posted on the JMAC Callboard
• Cycle II, March 13 callbacks will be posted on the JMAC Callboard
• Cycle III, March 14 callbacks will be posted on the JMAC Callboard
• Casting will be posted by Noon on Saturday, March 16
• Anyone who auditions will also be considered for a crew assignment.
• Refusal is not an option, either in possible casting or in possible crew assignments.
• Actors may indicate which cycle they prefer to be cast in. It is possible not to be cast at all.
• Actors may indicate which cycle they prefer to crew in. It is possible not to be assigned a crew position at all.
• The casting and crewing lf all three cycles will be determined in the most equitable manner possible.
• In addition to scheduled rehearsals, all actors are required to attend the following important events:
- Mon, March 25: All-Company load-in, part I, 2:00pm – 6:00pm
- Wed, March 27: All-Company load-in, part II, 2:00pm – 6:00pm
- Mon, April 15: All-Company strike/reset, 7:00pm - 10:00pm
- Mon, May 6: All-Company strike/reset, 7:00pm - 10:00pm
- Wed, May 29: All-Company Byron strike, 7:00pm - 10:00pm
Please let Jennifer Forsyth know if you have any questions!