"Through the PinS grants I have been able to conduct international research that has reshaped my undergraduate academic career....and I have applied to continue this research through the Rhodes and Marshall Scholarships for postgraduate work." -- Sam
The Undergraduate Research Center provides the educational resources and funding to help students develop their research skills. The URC has supported students from all majors and departments. Some examples of previous research topics are:
- how cities rebuild after natural disasters or economic crises
- the expression of multiracial identity
- the development of prosthetic limbs for amputees
- the creation of a medical mirror to track vital signs in patients
- improved water quality in Thailand
The Undergraduate Research Center is devoted to enhancing the undergraduate experience by facilitating students' investigations that make original intellectual or creative contributions within and across disciplines. The URC directly advances the University's mission to promote learning by engaging with students in advancing scholarly inquiry, cultivating critical and creative thought, and generating knowledge.