Emerging Technologies and Research support creates value for researchers by providing desktop support services in research labs and by connecting researchers to university data storage and high-performance computing resources.
The department also provides support for administrative offices and processes surrounding research initiatives.
HIGH PERFORMANCE COMPUTING (HPC) The University of Denver's HPC has been upgraded! The new cluster architecture includes a 108 port InfiniBand switch, a new storage node with room for growth, and all existing nodes have been upgraded to InfiniBand. Researchers can use their grant funds to purchase compute nodes and we will install the nodes in the new cluster. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
STRATEGIC PLANNING University Technology Services has engaged the campus community in a "Strategic Planning for Excellence" process aimed at aligning UTS' efforts and resources with those of the university. Specific to Research Growth and Outcomes, the following following goals have been identified:
- Developing a technical infrastructure for storage, high-performance computing, and identity management to increase the capacity for research in an environment that allows for collaborative research initiatives within and beyond the boundaries of DU.
- Develop accurate and useful financial reporting for managing grant funds giving investigators confidence that they are using every resource at their disposal (this could be part of a larger goal to provide grant management systems and will likely need to involve the Information Delivery strategic team).
- Provide centralized management for the licensing of software that supports research computing.
- Improve continuity of research initiatives through development of sound processes for the replenishment and maintenance of technology in the research environment.
- Build a system for research data management that includes effective data curation processes for the preservation and versioning of research data. These systems may be built collaboratively, siloed, or by joining a repository that already exists.
Please contact email@example.com for more information or to comment.