Network Access Control (NAC) - Macintosh
Step-By-Step Policy Key Installation Guide for
- Plug into a wired network port.
- When you open your Browser and attempt to browse to
any location the "Welcome to the Network" page will appear:
- Please enter your DU ID
and Password and click the Submit
- If you have correctly entered your credentials this
page will appear:
- Be sure to read our "full Policy" (The
University's Acceptable Use Policy) and the FAQ.
- Once you have read these, click on the link
that reads "Yes, I will
install the Policy Key and accept the terms and conditions for Internet
Use”. You may also choose to click "I Do Not Accept".
If you decline you will NOT be granted network access.
- If you do accept the terms, two things will happen,
usually within seconds, and
may even appear to happen simultaneously:
- A new web page will be displayed stating
a download will begin momentarily.
- The download will start and the the "Welcome to
the Impulse PolicyKey
Installer" window will appear:
- If the installer appears, you may click here to skip the next step.
- If the
installer window does not
appear please follow the directions on the web page to
download and start the installer:
Policy Key Install
- The Impulse PolicyKey Installer will guide you
through installation, click Continue.
- You will now be asked to select a destination of the
- Select the location where you would like the policy
key installed (generally the Hard Drive that is listed is the most
appropriate destination) and click Continue.
- The "Standard Install" screen will display the amount
of disk space the software will use:
- Click Install
- You will be asked to sign in to your computer to
allow the install to complete:
- Enter your computer's password and click Ok.
- When the install is finished the "Installation
succesfully" screen will appear.
- Click Close
the browser is displaying this page:
- Close the browser.
- Open a new browser and begin using the network!
- If you do experience problems and can not resolve
them please contact the Help Desk at 303-871-4700.