Network Access Control (NAC) - Vista
Step-By-Step Policy Key Installation Guide for
- Plug into a wired network port.
- When you open your Browser and attempt to browse to
any location the "Welcome to the Network" page will appear:
- Please enter your DU ID
and Password and click the Submit
- If you have correctly entered your credentials this
page will appear:
- Be sure to read our "full Policy" (The
University's Acceptable Use Policy) and the FAQ.
- Once you have read these, click on the link
that reads "Yes, I will
install the Policy Key and accept the terms and conditions for Internet
Use”. You may also choose to click "I Do Not Accept".
If you decline you will NOT be granted network access.
- If you do accept the terms, two things will happen,
usually within seconds, and
may even appear to happen simultaneously:
- A new web page will be displayed stating
a download will begin momentarily.
- The download will start and a "File Download -
Security Warning" window will appear:
- The download web page displayed below does contain
information about certain AntiVirus programs. Please note the
information and apply it if appropriate.
- If the Security Warning window appears, you may click here to skip the next step.
- If the
warning does not
appear please follow the directions on the web page to
download and start the installer:
Policy Key Install
- Click Run
- The Safe Connect Installer window will open:
- When the install is finished it will display a
message showing it was succesful:
- Click OK
the browser is displaying this page:
- Close the browser.
- Open a new browser and begin using the network!
- If you do experience problems and can not resolve
them please contact the Help Desk at 303-871-4700.