Voice and Video Services
University Technology Services designs, installs, and maintains various components of the Voice and Video infrastructure. The current campus wide voice solution is based on private branch exchange (PBX), a private telephone network. PBX supports standard feature set such as on-hold, transfer, waiting, forwarding, conference call, voice mail, long distance, and international.
The University's PBX is currently being phased out and replaced with Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) solution. VoIP technology allows making voice calls using a network or internet connection instead of a separate analog or digital phone line. With the VoIP communication and collaboration solution you will plug your phone into your computer network jack versus the telephone jack or use a software client installed on your PC. Campus VoIP is only available in certain buildings for now; however, a university-wide rollout is being scheduled.
University PBX System
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager User Options
- Configuration Guide: Setting up Cisco Jabber for PC Computers
- Uninstalling Cisco Jabber for Apple Computers
- Voicemail: Cisco Unity Connection Web Inbox
- Configuration Guide: Setting up Cisco Any Connect VPN for PC
- Configuration Guide: Setting up Cisco Any Connect VPN for Mac