The OU Forms feature allows users to create and manage forms in OU. Forms are created as Assets that can be inserted into any site page content. Within the asset creation. There are six available fields for data collection including single-line text, multi-line text, radio buttons, checkboxes, drop-downs, description text, date selectors, and multi-select elments. Form submissions can be emailed to one or multiple recipients as well as stored in a database that is accessible within the Form Asset.
DO NOT use forms to collect DU IDs from current or former students, this includes student employees. Collecting student DU IDs may be in violation of FERPA. If you have any questions or wish to discuss this matter further, please contact the Office of the Registrar.
If you are collecting personal information from current or formers students you may only collect the following information: name, address, phone, dates of attendance, degrees received, major program, height and weight of athletes, email address, full- or part-time status and date of birth.
Before You Begin
- Form Assets are only available on sites with this functionality enabled.
- OU Form functionality is only available to sites in the DU branded templates (please see www.du.edu/ccesl or www.du.edu/korbel for examples of sites in the DU branded templates).
- If your site is in the DU branded template but you don't see Managed Forms as an Asset option please submit a request to support.du.edu.
- Plan out your form in advance before creating the form Asset. Once you begin collecting data from users, adding and removing of form fields can break the form.
- All form elments have a maximum character limit of 1024. Do not use OU forms for long submissions such as essays that may exceed this limit.
General information about form creation and form elements can be found at http://support.omniupdate.com/oucampus10/reusable-content/assets/form-asset.html.
Information about Advanced Field Form elements can be found at http://support.omniupdate.com/oucampus10/reusable-content/assets/forms-advanced-field.html.