DU named Gold fit-friendly worksite by American Heart Association for second year
The University of Denver was recognized as a Gold Level Recipient of the American Heart Association's Fit-Friendly Worksites Recognition program.
The Fit-Friendly Worksites program is a catalyst for positive change. Worksites throughout the nation can be part of the initiative by making the health and wellness of their employees a priority.
DU was recognized as a Gold Level Fit-Friendly Worksite by the American Heart Association's My Heart. My Life. initiative for:
- Offering employees physical activity support
- Providing/increasing healthy eating options at the worksite
- Promoting a wellness culture
- Implementing at least nine criteria as outlined by the American Heart Association in the areas of physical activity, nutrition and culture
- See the steps DU has taken to earn this recognition
"We are extremely honored and excited to be recognized by the American Heart Association's My Heart. My Life. initiative as a Gold Level Fit-Friendly Worksite," said Mandy Sigmund, Wellness Program Manager, Human Resources. "Physical activity and employee wellness are very important priorities here at DU and we encourage all of our employees to take advantage of the well@du programming."