Important dates for incoming students
Check off those boxes.
Once you've submitted your deposit, you'll want to remember some key dates while you're preparing to start college with us. Use this page as a reference, and make sure to mark down orientation and move-in days on your calendar!
Key Dates to Remember
- For students starting in the Fall quarter
- May 1st - Submit your admission response form and deposit and apply for Housing through the Housing Application and notify other colleges of your decision to attend the University of Denver. Even a quick email is fine.
- May 8th - The 2018-19 One Book One DU selection is Season to Taste: How I Lost My Sense of Smell and Found My Way by Molly Birnbaum. As part of the One Book One DU program, all incoming undergraduates will be reading a common book and respond to a Prompt, which will be shared during Discoveries Welcome Week. In order to receive a complimentary copy of the book, please confirm your address by May 8, 2018! Questions? Email email@example.com.
- June 1st - Submit proof of immunity. See Health and Counseling Center website for additional information.
- June 11th - June 22nd - Register for your First-Year Seminar Class. Visit the First-Year Seminars page to see a sample of our First-Year Seminar offerings. You'll register online in PioneerWeb. Instructions will be provided in advance.
- July 16th - Get your room and roommate assignment (this information will only be available after July 16 and is dependent on registering for your First Year Seminar course).
- July 31st - Students who plan to begin studying a new language do not need to take a placement exam and should register for the 1001 level. Students who plan to continue studying a language should take the placement exam and meet with a language faculty advisor during the assigned time during Discoveries Orientation week to confirm which class is best for them. For information on which language placement exam to take, please visit The Center for World Languages and Cultures language requirement flowchart. The deadline for the completion of language placement exam is July 31, 2018 for all languages other than Arabic and Hebrew. Students planning to take Chinese, French, German, Italian, Japanese and Spanish take the Language Placement Exam online. Students planning to take Latin or Russian complete the PDF Placement Exam and send the completed exam back by July 31, 2018, for grading. Students planning to take Arabic or Hebrew should read the placement guidelines on the CWLC website and will take their exam during Discoveries Orientation week.
- July 31st - Get information on DU laptop requirements and place laptop orders through the bookstore by July 31st to ensure that they are available to pick up when you arrive, or make plans to purchase a laptop at a local computer store prior to Discoveries. Visit the helpdesk new student page for software and complete instructions on configuring your laptop. Watch a video that shows the technology resources available to DU students.
- Aug 1st - Send your final transcripts along with the results from any AP or IB exam to the Undergraduate Admission Offices at 2197 S University Blvd, Denver, CO 80208-9401.
- Aug 29th - Send registration form for any family members who are planning to attend Discoveries Orientation.
- Early September (around Labor day - exact date TBD) - Move-in
- Early September (around Labor day - exact dates TBD) - Discoveries Orientation. More information can be found on the Discoveries website.
- Sept 10th - Fall classes begin.
- Sept 21st - Fall quarter tuition payment due for first-year students.
- Sept 29th - Accept or waive your health insurance online.
- For students starting in the Winter quarter
- Mid-Nov 2017: Academic Advising will be in touch regarding registration.
- Jan 2nd: On-campus orientation experience.
- Jan 3rd: Winter classes begin.
- Jan 3rd: Winter quarter tuition payment due for new students.
- For students starting in the Spring quarter
- March 2018 - Orientation will host a live webinar to help you get started at DU. The webinar will also be recorded and posted for those that miss it. View the complete schedule and register on the Discoveries Orientation website.
- March 26th - Spring classes begin.
- March 26th - Spring quarter tuition payment due for new students.
- For students starting in the Summer quarter
- Please contact Discoveries Orientation for a mandatory individualized orientation date. Please plan on bringing your laptop to orientation.
- June 18th- Summer classes begin.
- University Hall
2197 S. University Blvd.
Denver, Colorado 80208
- M - F 8am - 4:30pm