Important dates for incoming students
Check off those boxes.
Once you've submitted your deposit, you'll want to remember some key dates while you're preparing to start college with us. Use this page as a reference, and make sure to mark down orientation and move-in days on your calendar!
Key Dates to Remember
- For students starting in the Fall quarter
- May 1st - Submit your admission response form and deposit and apply for Housing through the Housing Application and notify other colleges of your decision to attend the University of Denver. Even a quick email is fine.
- June 1st - Submit proof of immunity. See Health and Counseling Center website for additional information.
- June 12th - June 23rd - Register for your First-Year Seminar Class. Visit the First-Year Seminars page to see a sample of our First-Year Seminar offerings. You'll register online in PioneerWeb. Instructions will be provided in advance.
- July 17th - Get your room and roommate assignment (this information will only be available after July 17 and is dependent on registering for your First Year Seminar course).
- July 31st - Students who plan to begin studying a new language do not need to take a placement exam and should register for the 1001 level. Students who plan to continue studying a language should take the placement exam and meet with a language faculty advisor during the assigned time during Discoveries Orientation week to confirm which class is best for them. For information on which language placement exam to take, please visit The Center for World Languages and Cultures language requirement flowchart. The deadline for the completion of language placement exam is July 31, 2017 for all languages other than Arabic and Hebrew. Students planning to take Chinese, French, German, Italian, Japanese and Spanish take the Language Placement Exam online. Students planning to take Latin or Russian complete the PDF Placement Exam and send the completed exam back by July 31, 2017, for grading. Students planning to take Arabic or Hebrew should read the placement guidelines on the CWLC website and will take their exam during Discoveries Orientation week.
- July 31st - Get information on DU laptop requirements and place laptop orders through the bookstore by July 31st to ensure that they are available to pick up when you arrive, or make plans to purchase a laptop at a local computer store prior to Discoveries. Visit the helpdesk new student page for software and complete instructions on configuring your laptop. Watch a video that shows the technology resources available to DU students.
- Aug 1st - Send your final transcripts along with the results from any AP or IB exam to the Undergraduate Admission Offices at 2197 S University Blvd, Denver, CO 80208-9401.
- Aug 29th - Send registration form for any family members who are planning to attend Discoveries Orientation.
- Sept 4th - Move-in
- Sept 4th - Sept 10th - Discoveries Orientation. More information can be found on the Discoveries website.
- Sept 11th - Fall classes begin.
- Sept 22nd - Fall quarter tuition payment due for first-year students.
- Sept 29th - Accept or waive your health insurance online.
- For students starting in the Winter quarter
- Mid-Nov 2017: Academic Advising will be in touch regarding registration.
- Jan 2nd: On-campus orientation experience.
- Jan 3rd: Winter classes begin.
- Jan 3rd: Winter quarter tuition payment due for new students.
- For students starting in the Spring quarter
- March 2018 - Orientation will host a live webinar to help you get started at DU. The webinar will also be recorded and posted for those that miss it. View the complete schedule and register on the Discoveries Orientation website.
- March 26th - Spring classes begin.
- March 26th - Spring quarter tuition payment due for new students.
- For students starting in the Summer quarter
- Please contact Discoveries Orientation for a mandatory individualized orientation date. Please plan on bringing your laptop to orientation.
- June 18th- Summer classes begin.
Discoveries Orientation Week
From registering for classes to finding out the best places to eat on-campus, your Orientation Leader and the rest of the Discoveries team will make sure you are well-informed and prepared for your first year at the University of Denver during the Welcome Week events.
- 9:00am every day
- A variety of locations across campus and the city of Denver
- University Hall
2197 S. University Blvd.
Denver, Colorado 80208
- M - F 8am - 4:30pm