Make sure you're on track
Use our application checklist to make sure you have everything you need. If you have questions, you can always contact Undergraduate Admission by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone at 303-871-2036. You can also request additional information from your admission counselor.
If you're applying to transfer to DU, you'll need to submit a full application and some supplemental materials. Though we evaluate transfer applications on a rolling basis, spaces are limited and fill up fast. Make sure you submit your application as soon as possible.
Submit Your Application
- Fall Quarter: April 1 priority deadline, July 1 final deadline
- Winter Quarter: October 15
- Spring Quarter: February 1 (limited space; applications selected on a case-by-case basis)
- Summer Quarter: May 1
- The application requires a $65 application fee.
- Pay online
- You can also pay by check or money order, made out to the University of Denver and delivered to Undergraduate Admission.
- The fee is nonrefundable, but we accept requests to waive it on a case-by-case basis. We grant fee waivers for active-duty military and veterans, those currently involved with Phi Theta Kappa honors society, and those involved with TRiO. Otherwise, the fee waiver request must demonstrate a financial need. If you feel you may qualify for a fee waiver, please email your request to email@example.com. Make sure you submit your fee waiver request through an official source, such as the National Association for College Admission Counseling.
Submit Your Supporting Materials
If you are 24 or older, test scores are not required.
If you've completed less than one year of college-level work (less than 30 semester hours or 45 quarter hours), there are a couple more requirements to meet.
- We require scores from either the SAT or the ACT. You are free to submit both, but this is not required.
- Submit your test scores via College Board or ACT using the following codes:
- SAT Code: 4842
- ACT Code: 0534
- We accept the writing portions of both tests. However, these scores won't be used in final admission decisions.
- Superscore: If you’ve taken either test more than once, we’ll combine the best subscores to create your best possible composite result.
- If you receive an application fee waiver you have the option to upload ACT and/or SAT test scores to your application status page. Simply log into your account to choose the "Student Submitted Test Score" material upload type and send your official test scores through our site. You may also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Once we verify the score report, we'll complete the test score requirement for your application. Please note this process may take 24-48 hours to complete.
- Send your official transcript(s) of all the college-level coursework you've attempted. Your Registrar's Office can send your official transcript through a secure electronic format.
- If you have completed less than 30 semester hours or 45 quarter hours, send your official high school transcript and/or your GED scores. Your high school counselor can send your transcript electronically through Naviance, SendEDU or the Common Application.
Alternatively, your Registrar or HS counselor can mail your transcript to this address:
University of Denver
2197 S. University Blvd.
Denver, CO 80208-9401
You're welcome to submit:
- Recommendation letters from those that know you best and can speak to your academic abilities and personal qualities (a teacher, a coach, an employer, etc.)
- A professional resume (required for business majors and highly recommended for students with work experience.
- A ZeeMee profile (a free service designed to help students bring their application to life by highlighting your personal story via photos, videos and text). Simply copy and paste your ZeeMee link into your University of Denver application.
You can use our online tool to check the status of your application.
If you've been accepted to DU and you want to join us as a Pioneer, submit your deposit online to confirm your spot.Submit your deposit
- Students over 24 years old
- Returning student
If you were a DU student and left before completing your degree and you have been away from DU for more than 5 years, you will need to apply as a transfer student, even if you have not taken additional courses elsewhere. If you are within the 5-year period, you will work with Academic Advising as a Reentry Student. In addition, please email us at email@example.com to give permission to view your student record.
- Music Majors
The Lamont School of Music requires students intending to major in music to submit a supplemental application. You'll receive information about this requirement once your Pioneer or Common Application has been submitted.
There is also an audition requirement for music majors at Lamont, which you'll need to complete before your application can be considered. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Art/design majors
- Business majors
For entrance into Daniels College of Business, you'll initially be reviewed for admission to the University based upon all application materials. If admitted, you'll then be considered for direct admission to Daniels based upon the submission of a professional resume highlighting your unique strengths and accomplishments, as well as the successful completion of the following prerequisite coursework: Calculus, English Composition 1 and 2, Macro Economics and Statistics
If you're not admitted directly into Daniels, you'll work with business advisors once at DU to submit a secondary application to Daniels upon successful completion of designated prerequisite courses and professional development requirements.
- University Hall
2197 S. University Blvd.
Denver, Colorado 80208
- M - F 8am - 4:30pm