Skip navigation

College of Arts, Humanities & Social Sciences

School of Art & Art History

Foundations Class

Current Students

Frequently Asked Questions

How do I declare an art major?

Stop by the art office or email Jason Kellermeyer to discuss the major. Then fill out the change of major form and submit it to the art office.

I want to register for an Independent Study.

Studio Faculty are not required to take on Independent Study students, but do so on top of their course load and other commitments for those students who show promise. Only the most exceptional applicants will be considered. Please see the Independent Study guidelines for more details. Please fill out this form to register for Independent Study.

Can I receive credit for an internship?

Yes, if an internship at a museum, gallery, studio, or corporate collection is intended to enable you to achieve practical experience with art in a business or museum setting. It should be a rewarding and constructive experience for both the student and the mentor/supervisor at the internship site. Please see the SAAH internship guidelines for more information.