The application for the Program Visit Fellow is currently open.
Program Visit Fellow Position Description
The Program Visit Fellow is an important part of Undergraduate Admission in representing the University of Denver. General responsibilities include working with prospective students, parents, and high school counselors through information sessions, campus visits, phone work, as well as a variety of other duties. Students must be in their junior year with previous office experience and good presentation/communication skills. Applicants are expected to dress professionally and must be available from Winter Quarter 2015 through Spring Quarter 2016. The position requires 15-20 hours per week of office time. Some evenings or weekends will also be required. However, specific weekly schedules will be determined each quarter.
The Program Visit Fellow will report to the Senior Associate Director of Admission and assist in organizing and executing all of the aspects involved with our visit programs. This Fellow will recruit and manage the volunteer admission ambassadors as well as arrange overnight visits, student panels, class visits, and lunches with prospective students. The Program Visit Fellow will also assist with programs catered to high school counselors such as group tours and day-long visit programs.
Compensation: Admission Fellows will receive a $2500 tuition stipend and will earn an additional hourly rate. They will be required to work 15-20 hours per week and will be paid $12/hour.
Questions: Contact Constantine Johns at 303-871-4417 or email@example.com.
Application Dates and Deadlines:
- Application available now
- Application due: Friday, Jan. 16th
- 1st round interviews: Tuesday, Jan. 20th and Wednesday, Jan. 21
- 2nd round of interviews: Monday, Jan. 26th, Tuesday, Jan. 27th and Wednesday, Jan. 28th
- Position Announcement: Friday, Jan. 30th
- Start date: Monday, Feb. 2nd
Please be prepared to respond to the following essay prompts:
1. Why are you applying to be a Program Visit Fellow in Undergraduate Admission?
2. Describe a personal success and how it will help you contribute to Undergraduate Admission.
3. How might you create a more welcoming and inclusive experience for prospective students and their families?
4. Describe your personal organizational style and how you might prioritize tasks and projects in this role.
- Unofficial academic transcript (available on the myWeb tab in WebCentral- please feel free to copy and paste into a Word document)
- Resume and transcript may be brought to the front desk in University Hall, room 110 or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The 2015-2016 application for Team 1864 (Tour Guides), DU Student Bloggers and all other Admission Fellows will be available in the spring! Please contact the staff listed below for additional information on getting involved in our office!
Program Visit Fellow: Constantine Johns at 303-871-4417 or email@example.com
All other Fellows: Rachel Balows at 303-871-4572 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Team 1864: Alex Priebe at 303-871-6982 or email@example.com
Bloggers: Stephanie Tengelsen at 303-871-3209 or firstname.lastname@example.org