CAC II Series: Motivational Interviewing
Thurs. Jul 19 - Sat. Jul. 21, 2018
The Center for Professional Development is proud to offer Certified Addiction Counseling Trainings at the University of Denver. Join instructors Thea Wessel and Erin Gazelka and take the courses you need to complete your certification.
Price: $419 per attendee
- Verbalize a working definition of MI and the roots and principles of MI framework
- Define the core concepts in Motivational Interviewin
- Demonstrate the ability to use the OARS through at least one videotaped session that the trainer will use to score the student on the MI adherence scale
- Identify the traps to avoid (MI inconsistent items)
- Identify the stages of change and how to determine readiness for change
- Recognize, elicit and reinforce the client change by resolving ambivalence
- Practice recognizing, eliciting and reinforcing change talk
- Demonstrate through videotape practice and feedback
For registration and information contact the Center for Professional Development at firstname.lastname@example.org or 303-871-4161
This course is being offered for 21 contact hours through theUniversity of Denver. The Center for Professional Development maintains responsibility for this content.