The LGBT Affirming Therapist
Saturday, October 28, 2017
8:30 A.M. - 4:30 P.M.
GLBT Community Center of Colorado
1301 E. Colfax Ave., Denver, CO 80218
$175 ($125 for current students with valid ID – email email@example.com for student coupon code. There are only 4 student spaces available.)
Introductory level, LGBT cultural competency training for
Licensed Psychologists, LPC’s, LCSW’s & more
Earn 6 CEU's!
- Apply models of gender identity & sexual orientation development
- Demonstrate awareness of LGBT mental health disparities
- Recognize possible effects of minority stress on clients
- Describe the characteristics of an LGBT affirming therapist
- Analyze the possible cultural factors of the client’s worldview
- Assess professional practices & clinical environment
- Practice clinical skills competency
- Critique how/when to make referrals
Space is limited--Register today!!
Meet the Trainer: Weston V. Donaldson, Ph.D.
Dr. Donaldson, a clinical geropsychologist working as a behavioral health specialist at Iora Primary Care, has special expertise in LGBTQ+ psychology, particularly LGBTQ+ aging and serves on the Committee on Aging for the American Psychological Association Society for the Psychology of Sexual Orientation & Gender Diversity (Division 44).
Reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals. To request accommodation, email Kelly Nichols firstname.lastname@example.org 3 weeks prior to your registered date.