CCESL is proud to announce that DU received the prestigious 2015 Elective Community Engagement Classification from the Carnegie Foundation. Thanks to students, staff, faculty, and administrators from across campus whose outstanding community-engaged scholarship, creative work, teaching, service, and leadership made this possible.
Now Available - The Third Edition Community Organizing Handbook: CCESL is proud to announce that the CO Handbook has been upgraded and now is a complete tool and resource for community organizing.
2016 Undergraduate Research and Scholarship Symposium
Please join us on Wednesday, May 11th for the 2016 Undergraduate Research and Scholarship Symposium, held in the Driscoll Ballroom from 4:00-6:00pm. This year we feature two student panel presentations around common themes – Historically Underrepresented Groups (4:00pm) and Science and Technology (5:00pm). Stop by anytime to view poster presentations in the main ballroom. Refreshments will be served.
Community Spotlight Series - Community Economic Development
Join us on Tuesday, May 17th from 4:00-5:00pm as we welcome EarthLinks and Professor Patience Crowder for a special joint Community Spotlight event on Community Economic Development. EarthLinks is a Denver-based nonprofit that works with homeless and low-income individuals through an Earth-friendly work program. Professor Crowder teaches in the Sturm College of Law and supervises the Community Economic Development Clinic which provides free legal services to community partners as well as advises them on business law and community development issues. The aim of this event is to introduce DU students, faculty, and staff to these projects and discuss potential research and service collaborations. CCESL Suite 18 (Driscoll South, underneath the bookstore). Please RSVP to email@example.com. Light refreshments will be served.
- Puksta Scholars Convene in Denver
- Announcing the 2016 Public Good Fund Recipients
- My Puksta Project: Haseeb Rahat
- WRIT Engagement Corps Expands Membership and Outreach
- DU Service & Change: Serving During the Short Winter Quarter
- Ciera Blehm Named Newman Civic Fellow
- SLA Profile: DaMon Mosley
- Community-Engaged Researchers Featured at Founders Forum
- Transforming Passion into Purpose
- CCESL Student's Artwork Featured in Social Justice Exhibit
- PA Summit Brings More Than 250 High School Students to DU
- Community Engagement Corps: Working with Health Leadership
- Alumni Corner: Felipe Vieyra