We invite you to use the resources on this site to learn more about our work, and how we can support your understanding and action for the University's commitment to Inclusive Excellence.
Welcome new students and families, and welcome back to our returning Pios!
New DU Tradition: International Day of Peace
1st annual DU International Day of Peace Sept. 21
Our theme for this year is Many Stories, One DU. As we come together as a community and look back on a year of many challenges and tensions in our world, we want to recognize the power of peace. Please plan to join our campus in celebrating our individual stories and find ways to celebrate our differences.
International Day of Peace Activities
- 8–8:30 a.m.—Interfaith Service/Ceremony – In recognition of and hope for Peace—courtyard next to Evans Chapel
- 8:30–9:30 a.m.—Interfaith Breakfast and discussion lead by remarks from Chancellor Chopp—Anderson Academic Commons Special Events Room
- 4–6 p.m.—Action Kickoff Celebration with music and food—Driscoll Green
The Action Kickoff Celebration is where DU faculty, staff and students can sign up and commit to taking action to make our community a more just and peaceful place. The Celebration will also feature food trucks, performers, a reflection activity on the free speech wall and a One Day One Dance where the DU community will dance together to promote reconciliation and peace-building in our local communities.
Read the DU News advance story on this new tradition: http://news.du.edu/celebrate-international-day-of-peace-this-wednesday-sept-21
Follow-Up Action Project
DU organizations are hosting follow-up action projects to continue the momentum from the 1st annual DU International Day of Peace. For a summary of action projects and more information on how to get involved, click here.
The Center for Multicultural Excellence has moved!
- Our Undergraduate Success programs and staff are in the Driscoll Underground (ground floor north, beyond the Info Desk).
- Our new Graduate Student Success Suite, new Native American Community Partnerships and Programs Director, and other staff are in the 2nd floor Campus Life suite of Driscoll Center North.
Phone numbers, emails, and web presence remain the same. Stay tuned for additional announcements about space, org structure, staff and program offerings!
CME IS HIRING!
Would you like to engage in meaningful work that helps to advance DU's commitment to Inclusive Excellence? Have you been awarded a 2016-17 work-study? Then consider joining the CME team! We are currently seeking hard-working, passionate students for a variety of exciting and challenging positions.
You can browse our open positions here by logging in as instructed and entering 'Center for Multicultural Excellence' into the search bar.
- Check our Publications page for the latest Diversity Engagement Opportunities (DEO) compilation, Bulletin Boards in a Bag and annual reports.
- CME hosted a solidarity event on Friday, July 8th to honor the lives recently lost to gun violence. Members of the DU community gathered to grieve and reflect on how our community should respond to the violence. Visit the DU Newsroom for the University's coverage of the event. Earlier in June, we hosted a Solidarity Event after the Orlando Pulse nightclub shooting; www.du.edu/pride has details.