Our Qmunities of Steel!
The 11th annual Celebration Gala
was held 5-7pm
Thursday, 7 April 2016
in the Driscoll North Gallery.
Attire required, but style is not prescribed. (Capes, optional.)
Join us for this FREE annual soiree, this year celebrating a decade of individual and collective achievements in making DU a more inclusive, excellent and fabulous place for LGBTIQ affiliates, Allies and, in fact, people of all sexual orientations, gender identities and expressions. We recognize particular successes of the past year, and get fired up to create an even brighter future.
If you have photos or stories from previous Galas you'd be willing to share, and/or if you would be interested in helping with this year's event, please email us!
Eats & Entertainment
We provide refreshments, beverages and artistry to accompany the mingling. In 2011, for example, we were serenaded by a student ensemble from the DU Lamont School of Music, and Denver's own Nuclia Waste. In previous years, we've had musical, theater and spoken word performances by Pioneers including Sagacious Joy, Fahima and students from DU Communication Studies.
To appreciate and motivate continued work for equity, we focus the Gala program on recognizing members of our communities for their contributions toward greater LGBTIQ & Ally awareness, visibility and equality.
A description of the Awards and a list of past honorees is available here.
The Gala began in 2006 as a networking social for the campus' LGBTIQ&Ally students, staff and faculty; and has grown into an annual celebration. While not every year has had a theme, below are some insights on this motivational soiree:
- 2016; Our Qmunities of Steel (11th) program PDF
- 2015: Oh, the Places We'll Go! (10th) slideshow PDF
- 2014: It's Our Time (9th) slideshow PDF
- 2013: Let's Have A Kiki! (8th) slideshow PDF
- 2012: no theme (7th) slideshow PDF
- 2011: no theme (6th) slideshow PDF
- 2010: Go Gaga (5th) slideshow PDF
- 2009: 4 More Years of Progress (4th) slideshow PDF
- 2008: Many Voices, One DU (3rd) program PDF
- 2007: Looking Back, Moving Forward (2nd) flyer PDF
- 2006: Accept & Celebrate (1st)
If you have stories or photos from past events to share, please email us! (We won't publish names or photos without permission; just trying to document our communities' history...)