COVID-19 Work Accommodations
The University of Denver understands that certain employees may...
- have health conditions or may live with or care for others with health conditions that put them at risk of severe illness from COVID-19;
- have childcare issues due to closure or changes in schedules for daycare and schools; and
- be unable to return to campus for other reasons.
As DU employees return-to-work on campus, the University is providing confidential assistance to employees regarding COVID-19 work accommodations. Employees who are unable to return to campus should visit https://go.du.edu/covidaccomreq
Here you can:
- document informal arrangements with your supervisor to work remotely
- request assistance in seeking such an informal arrangement
- make a formal COVID-19 work accommodations request.
State orders impose obligations on employers including:
- requiring employers to provide reasonable work accommodations for Vulnerable Individuals during the pendency of the pandemic emergency; and
- encouraging employers to provide reasonable work accommodations for employees
- who reside with or care for individuals at risk of severe illness from COVID-19 Vulnerable Individuals or with childcare responsibilities
Vulnerable Individuals are individuals who:
- are 65 years and older
- have chronic lung disease or moderate to severe asthma
- have serious heart conditions
- are immunocompromised
- are pregnant women
- are determined to be high risk by a licensed healthcare provider
HR Partners and Shared Services will work together to process COVID-19 work accommodation requests. For faculty COVID-19 work accommodation requests, HR Partners will work with faculty members, deans, associate deans, and department heads, as applicable. For staff COVID-19 work accommodation requests, HR Partners will work with employees and their supervisors.
For Informal arrangements, your supervisor will be asked to confirm they share your understanding at the supervisor review page: https://go.du.edu/covidsuperappr