As important as it is to utilize symptom monitoring and contact tracing for members of the DU community, these precautions could be quickly undermined by an unrestricted visitor policy. To welcome visitors to campus, we have created a visitor protocol, which requires a host to request access for a visitor and provide the visitor with a link to a symptom questionnaire and acknowledgement of risk statement that tells visitors about the risks of COVID-19 and what the University and individual can do to mitigate this risk. Campus communities with regular visitors (e.g., clinics, research labs, admissions) will have standing approved processes for welcoming visitors. One-time visitors, including job candidates, prospective students and related visitors will require pre-approval from the provost’s office. At this time, visits by friends and family not part of the DU community will be prohibited. Contractors will follow their employers’ guidelines, which the University reviews in advance. The contractor protocol is available on the DU COVID-19 portfolio page.
Admission Tours & Information Sessions
Undergraduate Admission will continue to offer a variety of virtual options including tours, information sessions and evening webinars. As soon as it is allowable with the safety requirements in Denver, Colorado and on campus, we will begin to welcome visitors for outdoor on-campus tours three days a week.
To promote the safety of the DU community when visits are allowed:
- Families traveling from states with widespread outbreaks will be limited to virtual options or will be asked to self-quarantine for 7-days prior to their visit. The list of states exceeding the threshold will be updated every Friday.
- All guests must wear a face covering that covers the nose and mouth for the entirety of their time on campus, and follow social-distancing guidelines.
- Guests will be asked to complete a visitor symptom survey prior to their visit and are not allowed on campus if they are sick or have been in contact with anyone who is sick.
- Tour sizes will be limited to one household at a time.
- Visiting students must be a prospective transfer student or in their rising high school junior or senior year.
- Guests must register in advance; drop-ins will be offered a self-guided tour.
Parking & Campus Shuttle
Currently, the Parking office is open Tuesdays and Thursdays from 8:30 a.m.- 4:30 p.m. The days and hours that the office is open are subject to change weekly, during the phased reopening of the campus. The office will be open 'virtually only' from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. other than the days mentioned above. Contact us by email, mail or phone. Parking staff recognize that the fall quarter will be unlike any other year and changes in learning modalities will result in unplanned changes in parking demand. For the latest, up to date information, please visit this page.
Since Monday, May 11, 2020, the DU Campus Shuttle resumed operation as an On-Demand service, from 7:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., with a one-hour break, Monday through Friday. You must use the Tripshot app to reserve a seat. Service will continue for the fall quarter and Parking Services is currently reviewing several options for serving the campus as well as off-campus housing communities. The following protocols have been implemented for COVID-19:
- Vehicle sanitation and cleaning is performed daily, and wipes and sanitizer are utilized by the driver to sanitize the bus during their shift.
- The driver uses a mask throughout their shift.
- Riders of the shuttle are provided with sanitizer upon entry from an installed dispenser
- Seats are blocked to promote social distancing, which reduces seat availability to 5 seats and the ADA space.
- The latest, up to date information can be found here.