The need for quick, accurate testing of COVID-19 for the DU community sparked the creation of the SPIT Lab, which is now capable of testing up to 1,000 people daily for COVID-19 using saliva samples with less than a 24-hour turnaround time. As of early February 2021, nearly 9,000 tests have been performed, with an average turnaround rate of 14.5 hours.
Saliva testing is voluntary. It serves as another testing option to the nasal RT-PCR Testing. All campus testing requirements can be achieved through nasal RT-PCR Testing.
Read more about the lab here.
The Nagel old dining room is open Monday-Friday from 8am to 4pm and 9am to 4pm Saturday-Sunday.
Dimond Residential Village
The Dimond Multipurpose Room (Southeast corner of the building) is open Monday-Friday from 8am to 4pm, Saturday from 10am to 4pm and closed Sunday.
The DU testing Care Pod is open from 8am to 4pm Monday-Friday and 9am to 4pm Saturday-Sunday.
Tips for a Quick, Easy & Safe Experience
- If you go early, you will get your result early
- No eating, drinking, smoking, or vaping 60 minutes before
- Make sure to sanitize your hands before you leave
- If you accidentally get saliva on outside of tube, wipe it off sanitizing wipes
- Keep a social distance of 6 feet, especially while spitting
Tips to Generate Saliva
- Close your mouth and wiggle your tongue
- Gently rub the outside of your cheeks just behind your back teeth
- Make chewing motions with your mouth
- Think about your favorite food