Master of Science in Cybersecurity
There has never been a better time to consider a cybersecurity degree. It is estimated that cybercrime will cost approximately $6 trillion per year on average through 2021. As cyber crimes continue to increase there is an increase in need for cybersecurity professionals. Now is the right time to enter this rapidly-growing field.
We know that technology evolves quickly so our program focuses on teaching you how to think strategically, ask the right questions and address cybersecurity challenges in any context. Courses in the MS in Cybersecurity provide you with comprehensive understanding and tools across the cybersecurity domain, including:
- Protecting security information systems and infrastructure
- Detecting, countering, recovering, and preventing cyber incidents
- Ensuring availability and integrity of data resources
- Assessing security risk across information systems
The University of Denver is recognized by the National Security Agency and the Department of Homeland Security as a Center for Academic Excellence in Cyber Defense (CAE). As a graduate of a CAE institution, employers will trust that you have received a high-quality education and are prepared for the job.
What Sets Us Apart
- The MS in cybersecurity requires no background in computer science.
- Our program gives you the opportunity to enroll full- or part-time, with the potential to finish your degree in 18-24 months.
- Classes are offered in the evening, making this a particularly attractive degree option for working professionals.
- We also offer reduced tuition on a per-credit hour basis.
Why study Cybersecurity at DU?
Our campus is nestled in south Denver. While on campus you might feel like you’re part of a small town. We’re a quick drive to the mountains to hike or ski, and a short train ride away from downtown. Downtown Denver is home to major sports teams, concert venues, art galleries, museums, and dining. A booming city experiencing robust growth, Denver provides ample opportunities for those who study and live here. In fact, US News and World Report recently named Denver the #2 on its annual Best Places to Live list.
The University of Denver campus is a place where memories are made. Graduate students enjoy use of our Maker Space, the Anderson Academic Commons, and beautiful campus. There is always something to do on campus like taking in a show at the Newman Center or hitting the Ritchie Center cheer on one of our championship-winning teams.
Major corporations in 14 key industries call Colorado home. In addition, Colorado is ranked #1 Best Economy in the United States according to US News and World Report. And, WalletHub ranks it the #2 Best State to Find a Job. Our Career Services and Professional Development team has inroads and connections with top these top employers. DU is well-positioned to get you from the classroom to the workforce seamlessly.