Skip navigation
Office of Equal Opportunity and Office of Title IX


How Can I Report a Concern? 

Reports of gender based discrimination, harassment and violence can be made by:

  • Click here: Report and Incident
  • Contact Jeremy Enlow, Title IX Coordinator,at [email protected] or 303-871-3142.
  • Contact Campus Safety and tell them you would like to make a report. They can also assist you with reporting to Denver Police.
  • Contact a faculty or staff member and tell them you would like help making a report to Title IX. All faculty and staff who do not work for a confidential resource (CAPE, HCC, University Chaplain) are mandatory reporters for gender based discrimination, harassment and violence. This includes RAs, RDs, GRAs and GTAs.

What Will Happen When I Make a Report?

When you, or someone else on your behalf, reports that you may have experienced gender-based discrimination, harassment or violence (behavior prohibited by University Policies) as a part of your educational or work experience at DU, there are several things the Office of Title IX will do. 

The Title IX Coordinator will reach out to you to ask if you would like to talk to:

  • Make sure you have access to the resources you need on and off campus, including resources for confidential support and advocacy, for safety and for other reporting options when they are available;
  • Review the University’s policies and procedures for options for impacted parties and resolution of reports including:
  • Interim measures that may assist with your safety or security on campus or with your ability to continue your education or employment free from the hostile environment caused by the prohibited behavior;
  • Options for alternative resolution of some concerns (not available in cases of gender-based violence or sexual violence. Alternative resolutions allow you to request that the University address the prohibited behavior without an investigation. Possible options include, but are not limited to mediation with the person responsible for the discrimination or harassment, asking that the respondent complete an educational or training requirement, sending a notice letter indicating that a concern was reported and any further reports will result in an investigation;
  • Procedures for University investigations of Title IX policy violations, including how cases are screened to determine if they are appropriate for Title IX;
  • Discuss whether you know how you would like to proceed,
  • About the request for a meeting (called an informational meeting):
  • You are not required to participate in the meeting or talk with the Title IX Coordinator.
  • You may bring a support person or adviser to the meeting (and to any other meeting with any Title IX).
  • You are not required to participate in any of the options discussed with you or you may decide to wait and participate in an option at a later time. If you do not participate in any of the options discussed with you, your name will not be shared with other campus administrators unless your personal safety is at risk.
  • If your concern is a appropriate for and you request an alternative resolution, the Title IX Coordinator will assist with arranging it.
  • If you decide to move forward with a formal report and investigation, the Title IX Coordinator will refer you to the investigator(s) who will conduct the investigation.

Title IX will always try to respect the wishes of a someone who has experienced gender-based discrimination, harassment or violence (impacted party) at DU. In very rare cases, when there are multiple reports about the same respondent, or a pattern of reports about the same program, the Title IX Coordinator may determine that the risk to the University community is great enough that an investigation is warranted, even if the impacted party did not request it. In those cases, the impacted party has a right to choose whether or not they will participate in any investigation the University does, and if they do, to what degree.