CAC II Series: Principles of Addictions Treatment
July 9 - July 11
8:00am - 5:00pm
Monday, July 9 - Wednesday July 11, 2018
The Center for Professional Development is proud to offer Certified Addiction Counseling Trainings at the University of Denver. Join instructors Thea Wessel and Erin Gazelka and take the courses you need to complete your certification.
Location: University of Denver Campus
Price: $419 per attendee
- Name at least three theories of addiction and give examples of each
- Name the components of effective treatment
- Know the role of various levels of care to include detox services, residential, outpatient, enhanced outpatient (EOP), intensive outpatient (IOP)
- Know role of DBH licensed treatment agencies in Colorado for the treatment of DUI, offender and special populations
- Name at least five of the core competencies of the addiction counselor
- Know who can deliver addiction treatment services in Colorado and their qualifications for certification and licensure
- Be able to create a professional development plan for becoming an addiction counselor that includes components of professional readiness
For questions and information contact the Center for Professional Development at [email protected] or 303-871-4161
This course is being offered for 21 contact hours through the University of Denver. The Center for Professional Development maintains responsibility for this content.