Skip navigation

Facilities Management & Planning

Nagel Hall

Facilities Management & Planning

Residence Halls Maintenance

The Residence Hall Maintenance shops take care of all general building repairs to windows, walls, floors, ceilings, doors and roofs. They also are the first call for electrical, plumbing, HVAC, lock/key or preventative maintenance. They are responsible for almost 950,000 square feet in 12 student resident buildings. External ground area is maintained by Grounds & Irrigation.

Submitting Work Requests

For basic Residence Room Repair, students can notify the front desk staff of your residence hall or submit a Work Request.

Information on how to submit a work request through the system can be found here.

After Hour Requests

Emergency on-call procedures are to be used after 4:30 p.m. and on weekends and holidays. It is the responsibility of the Department of Housing and Residential Education Staff (Resident Assistant, Resident Manager, or Desk Manager) to determine that a facility concern requires an immediate response in an after hours situation. The Graduate Resident Director who is on-call for the weekend will assist in this determination and call the appropriate staff that is on-call to make these repairs. Normal maintenance emergencies should be reported to the Residence Hall Maintenance Shop staff that work in the buildings or called into the Facility Maintenance office customer service desk at 303-871-2200.

Nelson Dining Hall    Nelson

Room or Building Damage

Students are responsible for the care of the rooms that they are assigned. The Residence Hall Maintenance staff is there to assist with the routine maintenance that occurs in a room. They are also there to assist in the repairs that occur because of student damage or abuse, however all of these repairs will be billed back to the Department of Housing and Residential Education who in turn will bill the students.

Services that are not provided by Facility Maintenance: