Summer Hours Information:
The DU HCC summer hours of operation will be 8:00 am to 4:30 pm, Monday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday, from 6/6/2016 to 8/12/2016. On Tuesdays the hours of operation will be 9:00 am to 4:30 pm
This summer is promising to be a hot one! Check out these tips from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention for staying healthy in the heat.
- Limit outdoor activity, especially midday when the sun is hottest. If you participate on a sports team, schedule workouts and practices earlier or later in the day when the temperatures tend to be cooler.
- Wear and reapply sunscreen as indicated on the package.
- Wear loose, lightweight, light-colored clothing.
- Pace activity. Start activities slow and pick up the pace gradually.
- Drink more water than usual and don’t wait until you’re thirsty to drink more. Muscle cramping may be an early sign of heat-related illness.
- Limit alcohol consumption when outdoors. Alcohol promotes dehydration and impacts your body’s ability to regulate its own temperature, which increases your risk of heat-related illness.
- Seek medical care immediately if you or a friend are experiencing symptoms of heat-related illness.
Zika Virus Information
What's Trending?Tweets by @DU_HCC