Skip navigation

Campus Life & Inclusive Excellence

Health & Counseling Center


Crisis Services for Students

IMPORTANT: If you are a student or are with a student who is experiencing a mental health emergency:

  • During business hours (Monday and Friday 8:00am to 5:00pm, Tuesday 9:00am - 5:00pm, & Wednesday and Thursday 8:00am - 7:00pm), call our office at 303-871-2205 and speak directly with a counselor or arrange to come in for a crisis session.
  • When the office is closed, call 303-871-2205 to speak with the Counselor on Call.  The Counselor on Call is available free of charge 24 hours per day, 7 days a week.
  • Call 911.

Same-Day Access Services

  • Walk-In crisis services are available to University students
  • If you are not in immediate crisis, you may stop in, call 303-871-2205, or schedule an initial consultation appointment online using MyHealth.
  • If you are in crisis and need to be seen the same day, we have a reserved crisis block of time from 2:00pm - 4:00pm Monday - Friday.  Please present to the HCC during that time.
  • If possible, please call ahead at 303-871-2205 and let us know you are coming.

After-Hours Telephone Urgent Crisis Services

  • Urgent crisis services are available after-hours on weekdays and all day on weekends
  • Call the Counselor on Call at 303-871-2205.
  • You will be connected with a licensed provider who can assist you with the crisis you are experiencing.
  • This service is for URGENT CRISES ONLY, such as:
    • You are unable to stop crying,
    • You have thoughts of hurting yourself,
    • You have thoughts of hurting other people,
    • You have not eaten or slept in a few days (not due to illness),
    • You are unable to go to classes (not due to illness),
    • You have experienced some form of gender violence, including sexual assault, relationship violence, stalking, and/or sexual harassment.
    • You have significant concerns about the welfare of another DU student

Please note that HCC crisis services are not available when the university is closed during the Christmas break. If you are experiencing a crisis at that time, please call Denver Metro Crisis Services at 844-493-TALK(8255).

Gender Violence

The HCC provides counseling for victims of gender violence, including sexual assault, relationship violence, stalking, and sexual harassment.

Students can also receive advocacy, support and education from CAPE (Center for Advocacy, Prevention, and Empowerment).