The MSW Intern provides direct clinical services to students and staff around general mental health issues such as depression, anxiety, trauma, and eating disorders. In addition, the MSW Intern will provide educational outreach to students in areas such as stress management, substance abuse issues, or other specialized areas. The MSW internship is an unpaid, non-benefited position of approximately 22 hours per week supervised by a Licensed Clinical Social Worker.
Duties and Responsibilities
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Provides direct clinical services including individual, couples, and group psychotherapy to DU students and staff around general counseling issues.
- Provides crisis intervention services via both our daytime crisis system (Counselor of the Day and Crisis Time coverage) and our after hours on-call system.
- Participates in individual and group supervision
- Participates in a Professional Issues Seminar
- Provides outreach and prevention as required for the DU HCC around issues that impact student achievement.
- Maintains client records in a timely manner and according to Counseling Center procedures.
- Works collaboratively with various departments within Student Life
- The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required for this position.
- Direct clinical service (psychotherapy/counseling): 60 %
- Training and Supervision: 20%
- Crisis intervention: 10%
- Administration: (including; meetings, charting intakes, progress notes, termination summaries; handling telephone calls, snail mail, email): 10%
For more information, contact Ross Artwohl, LCSW at 303-871-4120 or firstname.lastname@example.org.