Skip navigation

Applying for Housing

Getting a Room on Campus

Once you decide to attend the University of Denver, your next step is to apply for a housing assignment. 

Apply For Housing

To apply for housing for Academic Year 2021-2022, please follow the steps below.

·        Visit

·        Click on “Application” and click the Academic Year 2021-2022 term

·        You should have received your user ID and password from Undergraduate Admission during the application process. If you have not received your user ID and password, or you cannot remember them, please contact Undergraduate Admission at or (303) 871-2036.

Viewing Your Room and Roommate Assignments

In late July you will have access to view your room assignment, and to find your new roommate's name and contact information. Follow steps 1-3 above and select "Housing Preferences/Check Assignment."

Accommodations for Students who have Disabilities/Medical Conditions

Students who have documented disabilities (i.e., physical, medical, mental, emotional and learning), and who are requesting a housing accommodation must do the following:

  • Request accommodation(s)/modifications through the Disability Services Program (DSP). This request may be made at any time, however if the request comes after the HRE deadline, and housing assignments have been made, there is no guarantee that the accommodation will be possible. In that circumstance the student may be placed on a waiting list, or possibly released from the housing contract.

If a student acquires a disability, or there is a change in a medical condition and the student needs a modification in existing housing, the University will make every effort to modify their current living space or move them to another HRE location.

Disability is recognized as an important part of our commitment to diversity and Inclusive Excellence in our communities. Please see our Diversity Value Statement – "Diversity Lived Is Diversity Learned."

Service and Emotional Support Animals

The University of Denver recognizes the various roles and benefits that animals can have on human health and wellness. Service animals and emotional support animals help many people with disabilities to fully participate in everyday life. For some people, these animals are a necessary support for maintaining physical and/or mental health.

  • Service animals are dogs or miniature horses that trained to do work or perform tasks for their handler and are permitted to accompany their handler in most campus facilities.
  • Emotional support animals, which can be a wider variety of species, assist in the treatment process of an individual with a disability, but are limited to the individual's living quarters.

Federal law requires that the University of Denver make reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities, including through the use of service animals and approved emotional support animals.

While many students enjoy and benefit from living alongside service animals and emotional support animals, we also understand that there are many disability-related and other reasons that certain students may not. At the University of Denver, we strive to make our campus a safe and welcoming environment for all. This includes proactively working to address concerns related to living with service animals and approved emotional support animals, as well as establishing systems and supports that promote high standards of animal welfare for such animals. 

If there is an allergy, phobia, or other disability reason that you would not be able to live with an approved emotional support animal or a service animal, you must request accommodations for such allergy, phobia, or other disability through the DU Disability Services Program.

If there are any additional concerns not addressed above, regarding living with emotional support animal approved as a disability accommodation through the DSP and/or a service animal, please contact the Housing & Residential Education Office directly at 303.871.2246 or